National (Territorial) Federation Membership
Jiu-Jitsu governing bodies of all nations or territories may apply to join the SJJIF and become its National Federation (NF).
- The SJJIF shall only accept one NF from each country or territory.
- A NF may not have any affiliation to any other Jiu-Jitsu international organization.
- NFs may apply to become Full Members of the SJJIF.
- Full Members are NFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the SJJIF Statutes & Bylaws and which have been approved by the SJJIF EC and GA.
- Full Members shall have voting rights at the GA and shall have the right to participate in all official events of the SJJIF.
- Full Members shall be required to pay annual membership fee of $400 US Dollars as identified in the SJJIF Statutes & Bylaws.
- NFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the SJJIF Statues, and which have received confirmation from the SJJIF shall be Provisional Members.
- Provisional Member status will be altered to Full Member status upon approval of the SJJIF EC and GA.
- Provisional Members have no voting rights in official meetings but shall have the right to participate in all official SJJIF events.
- Provisional Members are not required to pay annual membership fees.
National (Territorial) Federation Membership Process
A Jiu-Jitsu organization seeking NF recognition from the SJJIF shall submit the following documents electronically:
- Application in written form;
- Two sets of its Constitution, one of which must be written in English;
- A report on Jiu-Jitsu activities carried out over the previous two years;
- A proof of payment to the SJJIF of a non-refundable application fee of one hundred and fifty US Dollars (US$150).
- NFs applying for Full Member status must submit a letter of recommendation or certificate endorsed by the NOC and/or NSA of its nation or territory (proof of legal status).
- NF application documents will be submitted to the SJJIF EC for approval. Upon approval by the EC, the applicant shall become a Provisional Member of the SJJIF.
- NFs that have fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the SJJIF Statues & Bylaws, and which have received confirmation from the SJJIF as Provisional Members or Associate Members should begin the membership application process for their respective CFs.
- A Provisional Member that has fulfilled all application requirements as prescribed in the SJJIF Statutes & Bylaws shall acquire Full Member status upon receiving the approval by two-third-majority vote of the Full Members present at the annual SJJIF GA.
- If multiple jiu-jitsu organizations claim to represent a nation or self-governing territory, the SJJIF will investigate to determine which candidate is most qualified to become its NF.
For more information on NF member rights, responsibilities, and obligations, see:
– SJJIF NF Guidelines & Requirements
– SJJIF NF Application Form
– SJJIF Statutes & Bylaws Article 17, and Articles 21-24.
SJJIF Application Fee and/or Membership Payment should be made to:
Receiver: Sport Jiu-Jitsu International Federation
Bank: Bank of America
Account No.: 325057007799
Swift Code: BOFAUS3N